Transit Visa is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria.
This visa type is required for all Foreign nationals wishing to enter Nigeria for onward travel to destinations outside the country.
The following are a list of requirements needed to apply for a Transit Visa through Nigeria:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank pages for endorsement.
- Two (2) recently taken passport sized (35/40mm) color photograph with white background.
- Copy of Identity Card (front and back) or Residence Permit (for foreign nationals living in Belgium or Luxembourg).
- Valid Visa for final destination.
- Confirmed ticket to destination outside Nigeria.
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation.
- Copy of 'Carnet de passage' for vehicles/motor bikes for those applicants travelling by road.
- Evidence of Yellow fever vaccination. Travelers should ensure that their international health Vaccination Certificates are up to date before departure.
Nigerian Transit Visas are valid for a maximum of 7 days and are not valid for employment.
The average timeline required for issuance of Transit Visas at the Nigeria Embassy in Brussels is five days, if all requirements are met. A full list of required requirements are listed below:
- Apply online, complete the online visa application here and print completed form.
- Pay online and print payment receipt.
- Affix two passport sized (35/40 mm) color photographs with white background.
- Submit the completed application to Embassy in person with attached requirements.
- Please note that applicants may be invited for an in-person interview if necessary.