Subject to Regulation (STR) Visa
Subject to Regulation (STR) Visas are available to citizens of all countries, including expatriates employed by individuals, corporate bodies and governments.
This visa type is required for all Foreign nationals wishing to take up employment in Nigeria.
The following are a list of requirements needed for issuance of STR Visas:
- A Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least two blank pages for endorsement.
- Four recent passport sized (35/40mm) color photographs with white background.
- Four STR Entry Permit Forms available in the Embassy.
- Four copies of application for STR visa from sending company in Belgium.
- Four copies of letter of appointment from the accepting company in Nigeria
- Four copies each of all diploma and degrees translated to English and originally legalized by the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs, Belgium.
- Four copies of certificate of good conduct from the commune, translated to English and originally legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Belgium.
- Four copies of the employment contract i.e. Term and Condition of the appointment.
- Four copies of letter of acceptance by the applicant.
- Four copies of expatriate quotas issued by the Ministry of Interior of Nigeria.
- Four copies of identity cards/resident permits (front and back) from foreigners living in Belgium.
- Letter of invitations from Nigerians should accompany with the data page of their Nigerian passport or Nigeria National Identity Card.
- Letter of Sponsorship and request for STR from the sending company to the Embassy.
- Expatriate quota approval (automatic or normal).
- Evidence of financial support.
- Letters of appointment and acceptance of offer.
- Educational qualifications and curriculum vitae.
- Medical certificate of fitness.
- Police report.
- Evidence of Yellow fever vaccination. Travelers should ensure that their international health Vaccination Certificates are up to date before departure.
- Expatriates in Free Zones are exempted from expatriate quota approval
Applicants for STR visas who wish to be accompanied by their family are required to provide the following in addition to the earlier listed requirements:
- Four copies of a letter of authority from the working spouse asserting that he or she wants his/her family to accompany him/her to Nigeria.
- Four copies of marriage certificate or certificate of co-habitation from the commune translated to English and originally legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Belgium
- Four copies of birth certificate of each child (if any) translated to English and originally legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Belgium.
- Four copies of certificate of good conduct for the accompanying spouse translated to English and originally legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Belgium.
The average timeline required for issuance of an STR Visas at the Nigeria Embassy in Brussels is seven days, if all requirements are met.
A full list of required steps to apply for an STR visa is provided below:
- Apply online and complete the online visa application and print the completed form.
- Pay online and print payment receipt.
- Affix four passport sized (35/40 mm) color photographs with white background.
- Submit completed forms to the Embassy in person with attached requirements.