General Passport Information
The following are the general requirements needed to apply for renewal of a Nigerian E-Passport.
Please pay careful attention to Steps 3 and 4 below to avoid delays or non-processing of applications:
Step 1: Begin Passport Application Online
Applicants should fill and complete their Nigerian Passport Application Form on the Nigeria Immigration Service website.
Step 2: Make Passport Application Payment Online
Upon completion of the application form, payment should also be made on the Nigeria Immigration Service website.
Step 3: Print Required Documents for Submission
Applicants should also print, for submission to the Embassy, the completed Application form, Acknowledgement Slip, Payment Confirmation Slip and written application.
Step 4: Arrive Embassy on the Appointment Date with Required Documents
Applicants are to come to the Embassy in person on the date of their appointment with their expired passport.
Step 5: Enrollment, Biodata Capture and Payment of Service Charges
At the Embassy, applicants biodata will be captured for their passports. An additional, small service charge will be required to complete enrollment.
Step 6: Passport Collection Date will be provided
Upon completion of enrollment and biodata capture, applicants will be informed about when their Passports will be ready for in-person pick up.
In addition to steps listed above, the following are required to apply for a Nigerian E-Passport for a Minor (0 - 16yrs):
- Nigerian E-Passport applications for Minors (children under 16 years of age) do not require a Guarantor’s form.
- A Letter of Consent signed by both parents is required for applications for minors.
- In addition to other documents to be submitted, copies of the Nigerian Passport Data pages for both parents should be submitted.
- A copy of applicant’s Birth certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age should also be submitted for processing.
- All completed online application forms should also include two recently taken colored passport photographs.
In addition to steps listed above, the following are required to apply for a Nigerian E-Passport for the first time as an adult:
- National Population Commission Attestation of Birth or Birth certificate / Sworn declaration of age, duly legalized at the Embassy of Belgium, Abuja and authenticated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja, Nigeria;
- Letter of Identification from Local Government, State of Origin;
- First time adult applicants (born in Nigeria) must include duly completed Guarantor’s Form (see Guarantor’s Form here). In addition, a copy of the Guarantor's valid Passport Data page, either Nigeria Driver’s License or Nigeria National ID, and a colored Passport photograph is required. Afterwards, the guarantor's form duly completed and endorsed by the Commissioner of Oath;
- Copy of Identity card or residence permit;
- Two (2) recent colored passport photographs; With duly completed online passport application, as well as payment and acknowledgement slips printed out.
In addition to steps listed above, the following are required to process an application for a Lost Passport:
- Two passport photographs,
- A formal request letter for lost passport explaining the circumstances that resulted in the missing passport. This will be sent to Immigration Headquarters with a forwarding letter by the Immigration department.
- A Police report for the lost of passport.
- A photocopy of the applicants missing Passport or copy of an expired Passport or the Passport number.
- A copy of residence or proof of residency.