Change of Name or Passport Data
The following are the requirements needed for Change of Name due to Marriage:
- Request form from the Consular Section. Download Consular Request form here. Kindly note that Adobe Reader is required to open the file. Alternatively, you can download the Consular Request form in JPEG format here.
- Online Passport application duly signed and dated, including payment and acknowledgment slips
- Copy of Passport Data page from old Nigerian passport
- Back and front copy of Belgium Residence Permit or other Proof of Residence
- Copy of Husband's Passport Data page and copy of Belgium Residence Permit or other Proof of Residence
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Letter from Husband accepting that Wife can bear his name
- Letter from Wife requesting to take up the name of Husband
- Two Passport sized photos
- Newspaper publication indicating the change of name. This should be done in a Nigerian Newspaper and only applies to Change of Name requests due to marriage.
The following are required to make corrections to an already issued Nigerian E-Passport. Examples of such changes include corrections to spellings of names, date of birth or place of birth. Kindly note that these changes can only be applied at the Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters and as such take slightly longer to process:
- Request form from the Consular Section. Download Consular Request form here.
- Online application forms, printed out, duly signed and dated, including online payment and acknowledgment slips.
- Letter of Request for Change of Data explaining the specific errors that need to be corrected.
- Copy of Birth Certificate to verify requested changes.
- Copy of School degrees showing the applicants names.
- Copy of previous Nigerian Passport showing correct data.
- Two Passport photographs.
- Proof of Residence or Belgium Residence Permit.